Out of the Archives

and into the streets

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Has it really been a month?

hmmm. It looks like the last time I wrote anything here was pretty near a month ago. No wonder I am feeling a shade rusty. September just sort of snuck up on me.

The wedding of Danielle and Mark in Winnipeg and was excellent - I can honestly say that it was the best wedding that I have ever been to - and I am sorry it has taken me so long to officially acknowledge it publically in blog form. Winnipeg and all its inhabitants treated me extremely well, which is turning into something of a pattern. It was great to meet the multitude of infamous Winnipegers and hang out again with assorted FISers, and play pool, baseball, bocce, frizknock and other assorted bloodsports. Oh, and have a drink or two.

And now to Amsterdam. I am going to write some proper posts along the lines of Mark's European Adventure Recap, but I didn't keep a journal of what we did or take many photos so...so I guess I will probably make stuff up and shamelessly use other peoples images, like This guy's:



Amsterdam was pretty good. The conference (the reason I decided that a late summer visit to The Netherlands would be a good thing) was pretty good -- not great, mind you, but pretty good -- and definitely worth while, and we certainly saw and did quite a bit, and had many-a great meal. I think we spent about the right amount of time in the city and I don't think that I would rush back but I am very glad I finally had the chance to get there.

More later.
rgsc

1 Comments:

At 7:09:00 PM, Blogger selsine said...

Well Danielle and I are really glod that you thad a great time in winnipeg, now I know for sure that archivists love to dance.

What we need to see here is more about your trip to Europe and more photos that arn't stolen! Maybe some storeis about elicit cafes or whatnot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home