Out of the Archives

and into the streets

Monday, December 19, 2005

An Evening with Stars (and snow)


On Thursday we braved what was being called the worst snow storm since 1976 (although we didn't get as much snow as they predicted there was still a crazy amount of it) to go see Stars. It took 5 hours on the 401 but we made it. In fact we timed it pretty much perfectly so that we got to Lee's Palace and had just enough time to get a drink and some swag before Stars took the stage. Others have reviewed the show much more quickly than me (and probably better, too boot) so I won't go into great detail but I will simply say that it was an extremely good show. The band sounded great playing a rather up-tempo set, Torq was in great form (very energetic, very happy to be playing in Toronto), Amy was sultry, the wintery/holiday-y set dressing very apropos, the addition of a saxamaphone lent an extra dimension to the sound, and the four song encore ending with Fairytale of New York was fan-damn-tastic. I thought I would have a recording of this show but I ran into some technical difficulties (ie I am technically a moron who can't properly operate simple electronic devices most of the time) so if you came here looking for that I am sorry. Trust me, no one is more dissapointed that me that all I got was one (rather crappy) photo from the show and a blank tape. At any rate, it was completely worth the trip to see them. Thanks again to Mr & Mrs Sparkly for the tickets and the hospitality. 'Twas another fun-filled TO weekend.
rgsc

1 Comments:

At 4:06:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

hey, i changed my web address to thelazylibrarian.blogspot.com. please update your links!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home