Out of the Archives

and into the streets

Friday, February 17, 2006

Olympics? Meh.

Although I am not much of a sports fan I typically watch at least a bit of the Olympics. This year, however, I have really had no inclination to watch it at all. I am rather tired of hearing about the Canadian Hockey Teams destorying everyone and I found the few bits of mens figure skating I watched really boring. Canada is currently ranked 5th in the overall standings which is cool, but I am just not digging it. I do dig skeleton-er Jeff Pain's helmet (seen above, as of this moment in second place after the first run behind fellow canuck Duff Gibson, final run to take place in 10 minutes or so), which is pretty damn awesome. I think the angry beaver should be part of the Canadian olympic wardrobe. As a sort of 'screw you' to Roots, if nothing else. Despite all this I still do like the idea of the Olympics and I would like to see Canada do well, even if it is out of some naive sense of national pride. I just don't care to watch the events myself. However, I have become interested in curling recently, for some reason...
rgsc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home