Out of the Archives

and into the streets

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Wallet

There has been a lot of slander aimed at my wallet on these pages and in person in the recent past. Frankly, I see nothing wrong at all with the size of my wallet. It is accused of being a "George Costanza" wallet. Well, I am not ashamed of this and, indeed, look upon it as a compliment. I will remind you of George's wise words : "A man carries a wallet." In dialogue with Jerry, George explains the importance of a real wallet:
JERRY: ... You know it is better without this big wallet. It's more comfortable.
GEORGE: It doesn't matter if it's more comfortable. It's wrong.
JERRY: Why?
(George pulling out his wallet.)
GEORGE: Because important things go in a case. You got a skull for your brain, a plastic sleeve for your comb, and a wallet for your money.
Truer words have never been spoken. No namby-pamby wallet for this kid.

The way I see it, when this archives gig starts really paying off (any day now, I'm sure) and I make Scrooge McDuck-sized piles of cash, I need an appropriate place to store my walking around money. With my wallet, I am prepared.


rgsc

7 Comments:

At 9:20:00 AM, Blogger selsine said...

Ah Ian, there is an error in your calculation. If you watch the video again and read Laura's comments you'll see that the wallet has reached such a massive size that Rod is no longer able to keep it in his back pocket. Instead he must hoist the wallet into either the front pocket of his pants or into a pocket on his coat.

 
At 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Rgscarter said...

And the wallet bashing continues - now with more science! Pft. Stupid science.

Shrapnel, eh? Guess I should remove the ballbearings as a just in case measure. Particularly since, as mark points out, it wouldn't be my ass which would bear the brunt of any explosion(and I would not say the wallet placement would enter any errors to the calculations but rather adds fuel to the arguement). I guess it is a good thing that there is very little chance for any "Documental increase" in the near future.

For the record - it isn't because i am unable to keep the wallent in my back pocket, I just choose not too. It started as a pickpocket prevention measure. So there. You bunch of wallet hating jerks. I bet you are just jealous that you don't have a wallet as magnificent as mine.

 
At 11:21:00 AM, Blogger selsine said...

It's good not to get pickpocketed, with a wallet like that you'd probably injure the poor pickpocket. I can see the headlines now:

"Man sued for breaking poor pickpocket's arm with giant novelty-wallet."

 
At 3:47:00 PM, Blogger selsine said...

By that she means colossal.

 
At 4:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His monitor may be small, but his wallet is huge.

 
At 5:59:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

i knew you would come through with a small monitor joke

 
At 7:46:00 PM, Blogger Rgscarter said...

A bunch of freakin' comedians, the lot of ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home