Out of the Archives

and into the streets

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Video has not yet killed the radio star

pic from Rob&Elliot.

Hey. I am really behind on my blogging, eh. But I've been busy, I swear. Ummm I'm not entirely sure what I've been up to for the last month or so but I am pretty sure it was wonderful and productive and life affirming and all that.

One thing that has happened is that I've signed on to be a volunteer at CFRC. I spent this past weekend in training learning the ins and outs of CRTC regulations (fun!) as well as learning how to be a radio superstar. I made a station id which was pretty rad and we nervously messed about in the control room. I am going to be shadowing a couple of programs in the coming weeks to see how the pros do it which should be cool.

I am going to be working in the music library getting things organized etc. and I am going to try to book some control room time to do some show demos. Depending how horrible they are, I might post them, so if you ever wondered what I might sound like on the radio you might very well be in luck. I can tell you are excited.

So that's it, that's all I've got to report. I've been thinking about posting something here for a while just to keep the "once in a blue moon" streak alive and that comic seemed like a pretty good jumping off point. Now, aren't you glad you stopped by....yeah...

rgsc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home