Out of the Archives

and into the streets

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

How I love the Amazing Race

As most of you know, I watch way too much tv. As some of you know I spend too much time online reading about tv (although I have cut back on it - I no longer read the forums which eat up soooo much time and are very very very very very repetitive. Repetitive. They are repetitive). Whenever I think it would be awesome to go and live in a shack in the wilderness and just read and grow a beard and stuff, the thought of what I would be missing on tv, among other things, brings me back down to reality.

So this is a Russian Nesting Doll-type post about the Amazing Race, the TWoP recap and the recapper.

After a dismal last season, this one is going off pretty well. Jerkwads, moaners and other annoying-types have slowly been eliminated, cool people have, by and large, stuck around, and things have been pretty interesting so far. Last night was a particularly wicked episode - it was two hours long and, among many other ups and downs, involved a fall while spelunking, a crazy desert car crash, and the biggest jerk on the show was beat and eliminated. Sweet, sweet Philimination.

What makes this show even more enjoyable is the ability to relive it through the exceedingly great Television Without Pity recaps [see sidebar for links]. That site is just so filled with snarky-goodness I just about can't stand it.

And the recapper for this show, also for Survivor among others, is the incomparable Miss Alli. To give you just a taste of the excellence she unleashes is this quote: "...he has apparently never seen the show and is not aware that race leads are like STDs -- they may flare up impressively from time to time, but generally, they fade and leave you with only a vaguely uncomfortable itch and your lingering resentment of the person who screwed you." Gold. Pure Gold.

Anyway, I should wrap this up since Lost is about to come on, but I thought I would give the blog a quick update since I hadn't posted in over a week. Shame on me. Damn you tv - I can almost feel it suck the hours right out of me with its warm glowing warming glow.
rgsc

1 Comments:

At 12:55:00 PM, Blogger selsine said...

I too watched those episodes of the amazing Race and the Lost episode. Except that I was doing stuff for most of the Lost episode and actually missed the ending and a huge chunk of the middle.

I like the Amazing Race, it's a reality show, but I mean at least it's a race, it's more like a game show to me. Plus I'm glad that jerk is gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home