Out of the Archives

and into the streets

Saturday, May 14, 2005

It's a deal, it's a steal...

Here in the land of concealed weapons, you never know what you might find across the street. Today was a spring Saturday in Oh-High-Oh and what does that mean? Well, yardsale, of course. Now, it was one of the most lackluster yardsales I have ever been to, but that doesn't mean there isn't great junk to be had. Like a cooler with a radio in it - and you could plug your walkman/discman into it!!! for two bucks!! how could you go wrong (I expressed interest, but my dad bought it, so we shall see who ends up with it, uh... in the end...)

Anyway, for the bargain price of $1(USD) I managed to pick myself up a vintage hand-held electronic gaming unit - the Sega Game Gear. Oh baby. It weighs about three pounds, is the length of my forearm, takes six AA batteries, but it rules. With the classic Sonic the Hedgehog 2, there was no way I could pass it up. It looked up from a pile of crap in its two button, three colour glory, and I just could not say no. I am very pleased with my find, to say the least. Gotta go. Tails needs me.
rgsc

5 Comments:

At 1:59:00 PM, Blogger selsine said...

You've gotta but something like that for a buck. I mean really crappy or not, it's worth a buck.

 
At 4:38:00 PM, Blogger Rgscarter said...

It is pretty cool but the game is quite hard - and no saves! I forgot about crappy games that you had to play through in one sitting. Ugh. I have a feeling i will never get past the first level on the three lives (with no continues) that I start out with. Ah well, for a dollar...

 
At 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Quote: "Like a cooler with a radio in it - and you could plug your walkman/discman into it!!! for two bucks!! how could you go wrong (I expressed interest, but my dad bought it, so we shall see who ends up with it, uh... in the end...)"

waaah? you want you father to stick a cooler in your ass?

 
At 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

yeah, sorry about that last comment, i was just reading my brother's blog and something must have rubbed off. couldn't resist.

 
At 11:55:00 AM, Blogger selsine said...

Wow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home