Out of the Archives

and into the streets

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Zelda-rific


The kind folks at Nintendo sent out an email today about E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) that will be held in Los Angeles next week. Among the 600+ new games to be released, Nintendo will be previewing the new Legend of Zelda game. At last year's E3, they released a 60 second preview that apparently knocked everyone's socks completely off. So maybe this year they will be able to give us a real title (the tentative "Legend of Zelda" just doesn't do much for me) and a release date - I need to know how long I have to finish Ocarina of Time, and start/finish Four Swords, and Wind Waker... oh, and Link's Awakening and the Oracle games...and The Minish Cap...damn, that is quite a bit of catching up to do. What have I been doing with my life? Certainly it seems that I have not been playing enough video games.

Anyway, we are back to having a grown-up, ass-kicking, horse-riding Link and I am quite excited.

In other 'Tendo news, they will also be releasing info on their "Next Generation" sytem the Nintendo Revolution (Revolution, XBox 360 - come on guys, a little originality, please). There are rumours (scroll down half way) but, again, the real news will come out next week. One way or the other, I imagine it will be pretty awsome and those devilish bastards will make me part with another $500, sometime around the middle of 2006.
rgsc

2 Comments:

At 9:37:00 AM, Blogger selsine said...

Yar, the new Zelda game does look very cool:

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/thelegendofzelda/preview_6125176.html

I also think that the PS3 and XBox 360 also look pretty cool. Xbox 360 does not look (talking about the physical machine now) as cool as I thought it would. The got a lot of flack for having this huge ugly black box when the first XBox came out I really thought that they would come out with something that looked really cool, sadly I was wrong.

 
At 4:35:00 PM, Blogger Rgscarter said...

Sha-wheet! Twilight Princess is looking really really awsome. Really. From the trailer Link is going to be...a werewolf? That was unexpected. According to the EB website the release date is November 1 - a certain someone is right around then....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home