Out of the Archives

and into the streets

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Holiday Roundup, or 'Where the hell have you been'


Hello and Happy New Years dear reader(s). I know I have been pretty slack with updating lately. What can I say, the holidays have kept me busy. Well, to be honest, busy might be an overstatement; occupied is probably more accurate. To sum it up, the last couple of weeks have been taken up in pursuit of (at least) two of the seven deadly sins: Sloth and Gluttony (illustrated by the wonderful Gustave Doré courtesy of the University of Texas at Austin), as well as Yuletide cheer. Can’t forget the cheer…or the yule. It was actually a fairly unexciting holiday, but that suited me just fine. It started off on the Thursday before Christmas. I took a vacation day and spent it wrapping, cleaning so the pet sitters didn’t think we were a bunch of degenerate slobs, and sitting around (Sloth). It was then off to Caledon East for a good ol’ Pallister Christmas, complete with great drinks and wonderful eats aplenty (Gluttony). There I witnessed and experienced the wonders of a deep-fried turkey – honestly the best damn turkey I’ve ever had – and we managed to avoid burning down the house, the nearby cars, or setting ourselves aflame. Yay us. Among the wonderful presents that were unwrapped on Christmas morn’ was (I kid you not, this thing was tailor-made for me) a "Hot Rod Red" Nintendo DS courtesy of Laura (unfortunately I lost the decals so I can’t trick it out, but it is still cool, nonetheless). So, thanks to that I have spent much of my time since then burning up the track of MarioKartDS (Sloth). On the 25th we headed down Bellevegas way for more food and beverage with the family (Gluttony). It was back to Kingston and a very snuggly kitty on the 27th. I went into work on the 28th but my brain was still on vacation and I didn’t do too much (pretty Slothy). New Year’s Eve was pretty quiet but we did end up doing stuff. Everyone’s favourite engineer, Ian, came up and we headed to a pretty great townie hangout for pool and beer and then to The Toucan (my favourite place to go to in Kingston, I’ve decided) for more drinks, food, cards, more beverages, video golf, and to ring in the New Year (Gluttony). We planned to stay in, but when we went to the pub for breakfast on New Year’s Eve morning we say that they had half-price food and no cover (avarice?) so we decided to go. And it was pretty empty until about midnight, which suited me just fine, although I imagine the wait staff wasn’t too thrilled. Even though they tried to poison us with the world’s worst "champagne" (I am using that term generously in this case) I appreciated them giving us a little New Year’s tipple along with noisemakers and tiaras. It was a nice touch, even though it was horrendous. The last few days of the holidays were spent doing pretty much sfa beyond watching dvds and eating stocking candy (slothgluttonygluttonysloth). That’s about it. Not too thrilling but good. Hope everyone had a great holiday. I was going to do a year-end roundup but I decided against it as I was feeling a little like a
















image from

rgsc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home