Out of the Archives

and into the streets

Friday, January 06, 2006

Out of the Archives and into The Archive


Some of my fellow archivists and I occasionally talk about the (mis)use of the term "Archives". Often it is bandied about rather cavalierly, making us a bit irritated. However, in this case I'm not too worried about it. While not a correct use of the term, The Archive sounds like a pretty cool place - even without containing historical records. I particularly like the part of their mandate: to "provide a comfortable environment for people to meet and exchange ideas." This is certainly something archives in general should strive for. And who's to argue with gourmet coffee and baked goods (not in the reading room, please) and free screenings on Tuesdays. Next time I'm in New York I definitely will hop on the L train to Brooklyn to check this place out.
rgsc

1 Comments:

At 1:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to post this in your comments section but I like your blog and think you may have a good chance of getting listed at our blog directory, "High Class Blogs."

Contact me at ethan@highclassblogs.com if you are interested.

Ethan Potter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home